The AAA Board is calling for Expressions of Interest from AAA members for the Chair of the Alpaca Youth Education Committee.
Under the Charter from the AAA Board, the AYE is responsible for:
- Fostering youth membership in the AAA
- Establishing a system for the allocation of judges for all AAA youth events, excluding Young Judging.
- The professional development of Young Parader Judges, including ongoing performance appraisal
- Formulating and conducting new judge training programs for youth activities
- Developing a process for judge accreditation for Paraders Judging. Appointment and termination of a judge shall be subject to ratification by the Board. Any disciplinary action relating to a judge must be referred to the Board
- Developing and reviewing documentation, including Rules and Manuals for Paraders and Handlers, and other materials as required
- Liaising with Showing and Judging Committee to develop and promote youth activities to be integrated with the wider member base and the industry at large
- Guidance for Convenors of AAA endorsed youth events, such as educational and camp events, including setting of fees to promote membership and balanced cost activities.
- Reviewing matters referred by the Board or CEO relating to Youth
Selection criteria will include:
- Relevant experience
- Team player
- Volunteering ethos and in a position to commit time and effort
- Sound ethics with the ability to be objective and make decisions in the best interest of the industry
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of alpaca industry
- Access to email and available for video conference meetings as required
Please provide a précis of no more than 400 words (in electronic format), outlining any areas of relevant knowledge, skills and expertise. For example: What areas do you feel you can make the most significant contribution to the AYE program? What has motivated you to want to take on this role? What would you bring to the AYE Committee and what do you see as the major benefits for AAA should you become chair of the AYE?
If you are passionate about the alpaca industry and can contribute to the committee, please contact the AAA CEO, Amanda Olthof for further information.
Expressions of Interest for the role, including a short outline of relevant experience, should be directed to Amanda Olthof (email@example.com) by close of business 22/1/21