The Victorian Government is supporting primary producers and small businesses across Victoria affected by the devastating floods to get back in business, with an initial package of support to help kickstart their relief effort. I have attached information on the support that is available for your information and sharing. I will keep you updated as new information is available.
- Rural Finance Website – information and application forms for
- Primary Producer Flood Clean-up and Relief grant
- Primary Producer Flood Transport Support Program
- Rural Landholder Grants
- Primary Producer Flood Recovery Concessional Loans
- Vic Emergency website – provides information on relief assistance available, Temporary Accommodation sites that are currently open and operating, Returning to home after flooding, etc.
- Following up on the inquiry by an attendee today about grants for businesses,
Business Flood Relief Program
Business owners will be supported through the $54 million Business Flood Relief Program. Directly impacted businesses will be eligible for a one-off payment of $5,000 to support clean-up, safety inspections, repairs, the hiring of equipment and purchase of stock that businesses need to get back in business as quickly as possible. The program will also support a dedicated Business Relief Service – with dedicated mentors to guide business owners through the available Commonwealth, state and local supports, manage insurance and landlord issues and build a strong recovery strategy. Applications will open on Thursday, 20 October.
For more information, visit Business Victoria or call the Business Victoria hotline on 132 215
- Further information can be found on the Agriculture Victoria Website
Floods Resource Directory
Support Package Q & A’s